Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Del

Another week has passed and that means the blogging assignment must be done.  Brother Clarke (MCom teacher) gave us an assignment last week of which we should report on in our blogs.  We were told to buy a random person a coke.  This task was accomplished last night at Del Taco.  Before I explain how it went down (not all that exciting) i'd like to share how tuesdays at the del began.  A Friend (Gobble) and myself had become obsessed with Taco Bell over the summer, and we would frequent it usually late at night for our "4th meal."  At the end of the summer we went out for our traditional 4th meal and were stunnned when taco bell had pulled a fast one and started closing at 11 pm.  In our disgust we had to find another place to eat, so we chose Del Taco as a second rate alternative.  It happened to be a tuesday night which meant Tacos were being sold 3 for 1 dollar.  This pleased our taste buds and wallets, and we decided Del deserved more of our business for staying open late and being cheap.  So the tradition of "Taco Tuesday" was born in our disgust for Taco Bell's false advertising of being "open late."  Every tuesday we pay our visit to the Del and the Bell has probably lost 100s of dollars in our business.  Anyways, during our traditional visit to Del last night I bought 2 drinks at the register and just handed the other to the person in line behind me.  Everyone around was confused and questioned my actions, but I just said I felt like buying an extra one and walked away.  I was actually a recipient of a free bottled water this week while I was at work.  Someone just came up to me and said I could have this bottled water.  I graciously accepted, and wondered does he have this class too?

No comments:

Post a Comment